IT services, of course, are at the center of the digital transformations. To become a true digital enterprise,offering IT as a service with full benefits,the following areas need to be addressed.
Everything is being transformed by IT, and the change is constant. Implementing a service-oriented model is no small task, requiring a roadmap and a new mind-set to deal with more external partners and moving parts.
IT services, of course, are at the center of the digital transformations. To become a true digital enterprise, offering IT as a service with full benefits,the following areas need to be addressed.
1. Technical infrastructure and architecture:
Moving to an IT-as-a-service model means looking at enterprise infrastructure architecture differently. Rather than organizing your architecture around projects, you need to organize it around relevant business services.
2. IT management framework:
IT leadership should move the focus away from assets and projects to service architectures.
The as-a-service model flips IT’s finance model on its head. How do you price on a pay-as-you-go consumption basis, which comes with far more variables than traditional pricing models?
Business users see IT as an enabler,not as an end goal.To better serve business clients, IT leaders will need to make internal processes more consistent and agile.
5. Service management:
Most IT departments are good at managing systems, figuring out, for example, how many servers are required at what run rate.
6. Application management:
IT employees need to clearly understand the business user’s end goal and day-to-day requirements in order to successfully manage the company’s application landscape.
Next-generation IT = hybrid cloud
The resulting hybrid cloud environment offers game-changing potential for the enterprise. It can:
- Enable every workload to run in its optimal place, at the optimal cost, to increase the value of cloud and legacy IT investments
- Grant business users access to the broadest choice of platforms to build and deploy applications at the speed demanded by a rapidly changing market
- Give applications more seamless access to data and platforms, wherever they reside
Organizations able to manage their hybrid environment in an integrated, cohesive fashion, with better visibility and control, saw the greatest benefit.
The business benefits of composable infrastructure:
1. Beat competitors to market
2. Improve employee productivity
3. Optimize costs
4. Improve customer experience
5. Secure proprietary and customer data